Miller Pipe Organ Company (founded in 1975) has passed the torch to some of its finest technicians, who have started their own businesses. The Millers generously offered the use of the familiar Miller name to their Chief Technician, Gary Waller, and so Miller Organ Service was born.


Truly a “Mom and Pop” operation in the beginning, the original MILLER PIPE ORGAN COMPANY was founded by James E. Miller in 1975, with the able assistance of his wife, Ruby.  The company expanded over the years, initially moving into an 1800 square foot building at 1291 Bardstown Road (several new employees were added at this time); in 1982, the company completed a two-story addition to triple the facilities to 7000 square feet, which included new office space.  In 2004, Miller moved to 3332 Gilmore Industrial Boulevard, which offered over 17,000 square feet of workshop space.  (The former Bardstown Road location is now home to the expansion of Ramsi's Cafe on the World, a local favorite for decades.)


In 2010, Jim started down the path toward retirement.  In 2013, the Millers turned over the company name and certain assets to their trusted Chief Technician, Gary Waller.  Gary had worked at Miller Pipe Organ Company for more than thirty-two years and is well-known and respected among industry leaders nationwide.  His business partner is Dan Martin, technician at Miller Pipe Organ Company for seven years, (also organist-choirmaster at a local parish).  Together they formed a new company, MILLER ORGAN SERVICE, LLC.  Gary and Dan both are active members of the American Institute of Organbuilders and the American Guild of Organists.

Miller Organ Service offers a complete line of organbuilding services 
for modern and historic instruments.

console updates, relocation, or rebuilding
solid state systems
all types of re-leathering
tonal additions
protection for architectural construction/remodeling
tuning and repairs
and more ... ask us!

We are committed to providing superior pipe organ service for our clients.